As the recognised leader in data recovery, Kroll Ontrack applies that expertise to help you ensure the security of your most critical data.
Ontrack® Eraser software is an easy-to-use, highly flexible data erasure tool that erases all traces of data stored on a targeted media - ensuring that sensitive information does not fall into the wrong hands.
Why is data erasure software necessary?
- An organisation’s most sensitive information and intellectual property are often stored on hard drives
- Sensitive information that falls into the wrong hands can lead to loss of business, property, or reputation or lead to civil and criminal liability
- Simply deleting data from a hard drive does not mean that the data is gone forever
- Regulatory requirements for data protection and customer privacy demand complete, well documented data removal
When is data erasure necessary?
- When disposing used PCs and hard drives
- When transferring a PC from one user to another
- When customer data must be removed to meet government regulations
How does Ontrack Eraser help your organisation securely remove electronic data?
- Completely removes all data on targeted storage devices using proven, customisable overwriting procedures
- Includes flexible reporting features to help you guarantee that all data have been erased and when
- Can be used in both Linux and Windows environments
- Runs over servers or on individual PCs
- Offers flexible licensing models, fast installation and simple configuration
Perhaps the best testament to Ontrack Eraser’s ability to permanently remove data is that even the Ontrack Data Recovery team cannot recover data that have been removed by Ontrack Eraser!