Ontrack® Data Recovery engineers have developed comprehensive protocols for receiving, handling, recovering and returning encrypted data to ensure security at every step of the process. While encryption adds an element of complexity to the data recovery process, encrypted data can indeed be recovered by experienced data recovery specialists.
Data recovery is one of several data and security-related services offered in the Kroll organisation. In addition to operating the world’s leading data recovery, computer forensics and electronic discovery services, Kroll is a recognised expert in data security and fraud solutions. This unique combination of expertise and services benefits Ontrack Data Recovery customers who need to have sensitive and/or encrypted data recovered.
Solutions for Recovering Encrypted Data
Handling and recovering encrypted data requires processes and experience that few data recovery providers can offer. Ontrack Data Recovery engineers have the ability to:
Choosing a Secure Data Recovery Provider
The security of your data at every point of the recovery process must be the highest priority for data recovery providers. Use these questions below to help evaluate the security practices of data recovery providers.
- Is the provider authorised by private and government entities to handle highly sensitive data?
- Does the provider have the ability to recover encrypted data?
- Does the provider have the ability to return your data in an encrypted form?
- Does the provider perform employee background checks for anyone that may come into contact with your data?
- Do the provider’s facilities meet all U.S. Department of Defense specifications?
- Does the provider have the expertise, technology and documented processes to offer computer forensics and electronic discovery services?
If your organisation has any special requirements for recovering sensitive data, contact an Ontrack Data Recovery specialist to discuss options that fit your unique security needs.